I will admit, I am missing the Earl Canteen Chocolate Chip Cookies a lot. They are gooey and delicious. So whilst the world is still in lockdown I decided to try and create my own. They aren’t QUITE as good as the ones from Earl, but they will do until I can get some again!
1/3 Cup Butter ( Or Coconut Oil as a Vegan Option)
1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar (Or normal granulated sugar)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2tbsp Almond Milk (or normal milk)
1 Cup Almond Flour (or almond meal, both work)
1 Cup Oat Flour (Ground Oats in a food processor or NutriBullet)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Optional: Chopped Walnuts
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray
- Use a hand mixer to beat together the Butter and Sugar until the mixture is smooth and slightly fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract and almond milk and continue to mix with the electric mixer until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour and use a wooden spoon to mix through.
- Sift the Oat Flour, BP and BS into the mixture and mix until all is combined and is a ‘cookie’ texture.
- Stir through the Chocolate Chips (and walnuts if using)
- Roll into balls and place on the tray without squishing them down as they will spread during cooking. I also place an extra large choc chip in the centre to make sure every cookie has some chocolate.
- Bake for roughly 10 minutes however every oven is different so keep an eye on them!
- EAT! Best demolished warm.
Try then out and let me know how you get on! Tag me on Instagram!